Friday, October 24, 2014

Human Trafficking

Human Trafficking 

     My group and I chose to do human trafficking for our SAP project. The reason that I really wanted to do this for my SAP project is because I didn't know to much about the topic and I wanted  to learn more as well as teach others what I will learn.

     When people think of human trafficking, the first thing they think of is the movie "Taken" starring Liam Neeson. This is what I think about. The movie is about a teenage girl traveling to Europe and suddenly she is abducted and sold in human trafficking. Liam Neeson, the girls father then goes through a series of action filled scenes to save his daughter. After seeing this movie it was scary to think that these kind of things actually happen and this is the main reason I pursued this topic. 

Our group then came up with four general questions to find a little bit more about the topic. We will be asking these four questions to random students at John Carroll to see how much the general public knows about this topic and to also see there responses.

1. What is human trafficking?

2. How many people do you think it affects a year?

3. What is the yearly income of the industry?

4. Where do you think this occurs?

Answers to follow in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment